Our vision is a peaceful, global community where individuals are joyfully engaged in contributing to the well being of all life.
• We provide exemplary, affordable Montessori education to Ottawa area families for children from 18 months through Junior High
• We provide comparable opportunities whenever possible for Ottawa area Francophone families
• We apply Montessori principles in such a way as to encourage engagement, continual learning, perseverance, independence, collaboration, and joy
• We embrace and support all former and current members of the OMS community in their contributions to our mission
• We share our expertise, and our passion and belief in the power of Montessori principles, with the Montessori community and the larger world
Values: When we have a tough decision to make we will always consider foremost the best interests of the student and err on the side of integrity.
• Respect for ourselves, for others and for the world
• The power of individual responsibility, as well as the power of collaboration and community
• Our best selves and continual growth
• A culture of compassion and mutual assistance
• Commitment to what is possible, to that which is not yet seen
• Active engagement and perserverance
• Enthusiasm, camaraderie and joy